If you are new to Help Producer, this is the place to start. This section of this manual provides an overview of the basics of help authoring, and the key concepts employed in Help Producer. Reading of this section is essential for an effective use of Help Producer in conjunction with Microsoft Word.
In This Section
- Help Systems
- Explains the basics of help systems, help documents, and help projects. If you are new to help authoring, you should carefully read these topics.
- Output Types
- Lists and explains the kind of help targets that can be created with Help Producer.
- Styles and Mappings
- Provides a brief overview on how document styles are used in Microsoft Word and how style mapping is performed.
- Formatting Guidelines
- Gives examples on formatting you should avoid when working with Help Producer, and provides instructions on alternative ways of formatting.
- Help Producer Add-In
- Shows how Help Producer integrates and interacts with Microsoft Word.