Microsoft Word offers various methods of creating styles. Below you can find the procedure recommended by Microsoft.
Create a new style (Microsoft Word 2003)
Note Depending on your version of Microsoft Word, the procedure for creating styles differs slightly. Please consult the Microsoft Word online manual for details.
- If the Styles and Formatting task pane is not open, click Styles and Formatting on the Formatting toolbar.
- In the Styles and Formatting task pane, click New Style.
- In the Name box, type a name for the style.
- In the Style type box, click Paragraph, Character, Table, or List to specify the kind of style you are creating.
- Select the options that you want, or click Format to see more options.
Working with Styles