My iPod is not shown in Windows Media Player
If your iPod is not detected by MGTEK dopisp, or if an error occurs while the iPod is accessed, the iPod may not appear in Windows Media Player when you connect your iPod to your computer. If the iPod does not appear in Windows Media Player, please check the status of the iPod:
- In Windows Media Player 11: Click the Now Playing tab twice to open the pull-down menu, then point to Plug-ins and click Options.
- In Windows Media Player 12: Click the menu Organize, then click Options and select the tab Plug-ins.
- From the list Category, select Background.
- From the list Background, select MGTEK dopisp and click Properties.
Under Devices, you see a list of devices that are detected by MGTEK dopisp.
- If the MGTEK dopisp plugin does not appear in Windows Media Players list Background, you may be running the 64-bit version of Windows Media Player, or the MGTEK dopisp software is not installed correctly. For more information, see the section below.
- If your iPod is plugged in and it does not appear in the list of detected devices, your iPod may not be supported or you may have an old version of MGTEK dopisp installed that does not support the iPod. For more information, see the section below.
- If your iPod is disabled, click the button Enable to link the iPod with Windows Media Player.
- If there is an error displayed, MGTEK dopisp will not display the iPod in Windows Media Player until the problem is corrected. If you are unable to correct the problem, please provide the status or error message to MGTEK.
While MGTEK dopisp supports most iPods, there may be certain outdated or recently released iPod models that are not supported. To verify whether your iPod model is a supported device, see the System Requirements.
You have an old version of MGTEK dopisp installed that did not support your new iPod
If you have installed a version of MGTEK dopisp that was released before your iPod became available, you need to install the latest version of MGTEK dopisp. If you do not know whether your version of MGTEK dopisp works with your new iPod, simply try installing the latest version of MGTEK dopisp.
The iOS drivers are not installed correctly
Note This section applies to the iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad only.
All iOS devices, such as the iPod touch, iPhone, or iPad, require a Windows driver to make it work in Windows. Currently, installing iTunes is the only way to obtain the iOS drivers. If the iOS driver package is not installed, corrupted, or removed, the iPod will not work in Windows, and it will not work with dopisp either. If you suspect that the iOS drivers are not installed correctly, try installing the latest version of iTunes.
You are running the 64-bit version of Windows Media Player
If you have the 64-bit version of Windows installed, make sure you are running the 32-bit version of Windows Media Player. The 32-bit version is the default player on the 64-bit version of Windows; however, you if you manually switch to the 64-bit version of Windows Media Player, you will not be able to run 32-bit plug-ins, including MGTEK dopisp.
Try your iPod with iTunes
In order to rule out any problems that are unrelated with MGTEK dopisp, try your iPod with Apple iTunes. If your iPod does not work with Apple iTunes either, it is most certainly not a problem related to MGTEK dopisp and you will have to seek help from Apple first.
If you do not have iTunes installed, try to access the iPod using Windows Explorer. If you cannot access and browse the iPod’s drive, the iPod may be defective. Note: The iPod touch or iPhone do not have a drive in Windows Explorer – try iTunes instead to verify that your iPod works properly.
Enable 'Disk Use' in iTunes
Note This section applies to the iPod shuffle only.
In order to access your iPod, MGTEK dopisp has to be able to see your iPod as a disk drive. If you have an iPod shuffle and you still have iTunes installed, you need to make sure that Disk Mode is enabled.
- Open iTunes, and then connect your iPod to your computer.
- When the iPod icon appears in iTunes, select it.
- In the Settings tab, check the box Enable disk mode.